Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fourth Week!!!

I am super excited about starting our fourth week! I am working on spelling words this week in class. It is a new program to me and is taking me some time to work out the kinks. We will be practicing this week in class. I will be letting you know about how it works next week. This is a new and different kind of spelling. It will not be the traditional list of 10-15 words that you drill and write each week (like I was used to growing up). It works in a totally different way. Most of the work will be done in class.

I have also leveled the kids in Raz Kids. Raz Kids is an online reading program that we are using in our class. I will use this as the main way for children to practice reading. I can gauge fluency scores, retell capabilities, and comprehension by using this system. I will be sending home some of the decodables next week. I plan to send these home for students to read on their own as they practice reading to you. However, every child is on individual reading levels and their reading needs are better met by using the proper level for each child as an individual. I can do this using Raz Kids better than the little paperback books. They are great for practice at home, but please use our Raz Kids as the main practice reading assignments. I will let you know soon how and where to log in.

I am thinking about having a meeting with parents to discuss the new spelling and Raz Kids. I will get with you to let you know the date and time.

Let's Rock and Roll with week 4!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment